Monday, July 9, 2007

Black and Light

The solitary flame's flicker has gone out
here I stand, shrouded in silent darkness,
the blind man no more,I think see much better now
doesn't it sound absurd,this ironic prowess?

The burning embers of the past settle softly on the floor
forming a black carpet silhouetting buried memories,
the acrid air around me burns my eyes ever more
I feel a stream of black in my swollen arteries

Now I'm trying to seek tranquility in solitary madness
I'm learning to balance the scales and find equilibrium,
No testaments to assure me that I'll get through unscathed
these superfluous scars I'll heal,with truth as my numbing opium

The solitary flame's flicker has gone out
here I stand, warped in static space and time
but I'll dust off all those clinging fears and doubts
don't need an artificial flame,I'll make my own sunshine...

1 comment:

Dee said...

this s almost exactly wuts runnin in my head...torn between im doin gud alone in dis world vs ppl (even similar 2 u/me/all o us) stand next 2 one another..so u're not alone..u're not holding hands either..

maybe every question does come wid an answer???