Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rap-sody in Blue

Trippin' over little things
hopin' for wondrous flings
quittin' in the boxing ring
gropin' like a blind king
life's gettin bitter how
I feel like a quitter now
trapped in this slaughter pit
deserted and I've lost my wit
there's a glimmer in sight
in this moonless night
the stars decide to bless me
they send you to fetch me
you throw me a rope
you fill me with hope
but I've afraid to grab it
are you the mystic white rabbit?
will you pull me out
will you slay my doubts
take me to your wonderland
my ships been flying unmanned
let me ride on your train of thought
and linger in your parking lot
but I find your air of silence
and your picket fence
quite unnerving,dont you feel
ain't I deserving,dont make me kneel
when you pass my way
check to cheek I wanna sway
see, the music's just begun
girl, you know I'm the one
Is this the song you need
to hear to make you heed
don't think I'm just flirtin'
ya know that I'm also courtin'
girl,walk into my life
I need you be my wife
we'll make a lovely scene
me the king and you my Queen

No comments: