Monday, June 16, 2008

Dreammaker, Heartbreaker

Farewell pretty girl, you've wasted your time
and I've wasted mine, but hey its no crime
Farewell pretty girl,you've aborted our collective dreams
and I sit here crestfallen,seeing them fall apart at the seams
Farewell pretty girl, there's nothing left to win back
and I'm the fallen king , now dethroned, a mere Jack
Farewell pretty girl, your fears were premature and weak
and I will now wait, curious, to see whose crown you seek
Farewell pretty girl, there's nothing left to talk about
and I find myself in square one, a mere roustabout
Farewell pretty girl, your memories will remain etched
and my heart will cling on to them, blissfully wretched
Farewell pretty girl, I'll miss your kind voice
and you'll miss my wit, but that was your choice
Farewell pretty girl, I'll miss the magic of your eyes
and you'll cast your sight on someone who's worth the prize
Farewell pretty girl, I wish time and space had been on my side
and I'll never know for sure, if that would have turned the tide
Farewell pretty girl, I've lost my favorite tune
and I dont think I'll find another one anytime soon
Farewell pretty girl, I'm grateful for the time we wasted
and I'll move on,the blood of heartbreak,tasted

4 comments:

Mangal said...

Hey,
This one does sound like Led Zep's "Heart breaker" splendid poetry, man :)

Arun Ramkumar said...

thanks misanthrope :)

Unknown said...

Ah..now i know why..the morosity.. :( the true essence of love is understood only when the innocent heart breaks....god bles!

Arun Ramkumar said...

@Richa: ah yes you did :) innocent heart?hmm :p