Monday, January 26, 2009

Isle be gone

...And as I turn around to look back
at the old tower now cloaked in black,
Rapunzel has shut her window
and the wind has ceased to blow,
the rain has ended and I wonder how
and then I see the empty clouds above,
The boatman waits to take me aboard
he's been rather faithful to his word,
"I'm at your command, I'll be there anytime,
anyplace anywhere,I won't charge a dime"...
And I wonder if that's what life's about
sailing around with no fixed route
giving in to the whims of the wind
and not counting the times we've sinned,
if at all one needs to remember and sigh
its worth noticing that time's gone by
but the numbers won't add up in any case
all I need to count are the scars on the face
of this wretched earth that still thirsts
for salty tears from emotional spurts,
but my taste buds tell me otherwise...
that they're bittersweet and I despise
the reasons, redundant... undeserved
as memories in jars preserved
tell stories of hopes and desires
of past foibles and misfires,
And now I take these pages
filled with verse and images
and set them free as paper boats
each a snapshot of the mind's notes,
maybe some will visit your shores one day
but most I believe will sink on their way...
"land ahoy" yells the man with the oar,
"so soon?" I ask, shaken from my stupor
"aye sir,remember we're sailing the sea of time,
and there are plenty of isles inside your mind"...

8 comments:

journeyman said...

Message well conveyed
I think a bitof refining is needed, these lines "for salty tears from emotional spurts,but my taste buds tell me otherwise..." and few more seem to be prose and not poetry !

Arun Ramkumar said...

@Sri: ah yea...I tend to get talk inbetween the verses I guess...

Aishwarya said...

Why does my mouth always hang open when I read your poems?
Take a bow Arun. That was mind-blowing!
Each verse was soooo ----------.
i can find no words.. :D

Arun Ramkumar said...

@Aish: gee yer being kind :D !
thanks a lot !!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Arun Ramkumar said...

@Pria: thanks a lot :)

Anasuya Rampalli Chitta said...

superb! the later ones need to be read with dictionary in hand :)

Arun Ramkumar said...

@Anu: heh thanks :)