Thursday, March 1, 2007

Digging my grave

My backyards full of frozen leaves
houses been ransacked by thieves
I'm still waitin for the dust to settle
my bed of roses have thorns but no petals

I'm weaving clothes outta broken looms
gotta stop cleaning my empty rooms
redemption is the only thing I crave
gotta stop them from digging my grave

thinkin about deflated egos and broken prides
I see undeserving men with their lovely brides
who derive their riches outta being fake
thats one thing I'd never do even if alls at stake

I see their plastered smiles and hollow eyes
the game was rigged before I rolled my dice
no damsels in distress waiting to be saved
gotta stop them from digging my grave

siftin through layers of despair and doubt
I dont think I'm guilty but the jurys still out
but who're they to judge me and put me on trial
a bunch of fools who'd be glad to have me exiled

but its over now I guess,I'm falling from grace
everything seems foggy now,its just a haze
I've lost my battles,in vain I tried being brave
I tried but couldnt stop them from digging my grave

No comments: