Thursday, March 1, 2007

Song for an actress

the curtains've come down, yesterdays shows ended
another act added, and a new image rendered
where do you draw the line between real and fake?
how much more of this crap do I havta take?

ya keep selling out,all yer wares're fully sold
but when areya gonna do right,and face up to the cold
can you look me in the eye and speak nuthin but the truth
but I know ya wont,coz yer a liar who bit the forbidden fruit

I've had enough of yer theatrics, yer gimmicks and gags
yu've been at it all night,under yer eyes I see 'em bags
why dont ya quit playin the melancholy whore
ya gotta get outta this rut,just walk outta the door

when will you stop going back for encores,
ya gotta learn to stop yer ship and drop anchor
that would keepya away from those hungry beasts
you can still repent yer sins,go and 'fess to the priest

but ya keep gettin down on all fours,like some horny bitch
ya never close yer doors,they walk in and out of yer pitch
they laugh at you when ya leave and talk filthy trash
not one would come to help,if your wagon were to crash

in case ya didnt know I'm still here waiting for you
come and cry on my shoulders,I'll help you start anew
I'll take you home if only you accept that yer mine
I'll give my word that everything will turn out fine

I gotta take you far away,else yer gonna go nuts
but ya gotta promise me you wont talk ifs and buts
I'll bathe you and clean you ,I'll make you pure
girl,you must realise that yer my only cure

No comments: