Thursday, March 1, 2007

Feeding on compromises

my conscience is wobbling along in a wheelbarrow
regret biting in deep,right down to my marrow
its gettin harder to shake it offa my shoulder
its firm,icy grip is only gonna get colder

I'd been walkin down the wrong direction
no puddles of water to show my true reflection
I'd been pulled over by doubts many enterprises
my minds been feeding on compromises

my brushes lay unused beneath my empty canvass
I shoulda never broke the needle in my compass
the ghosts of forgotten dreams come to haunt me
I didnt heed them then so now they dont want me

ther're germs of fear multiplying in my brain
my high hopes had been exercising refrain
I'd been riding along on false premises
my minds been feeding on compromises

I'd been concerned over wasting blood and sweat
I paid the price and became a lowly silhouette
the stallions of opportunity have galloped away
I shoulda mounted them and rode my own way

yesterday and tomorrow,the gap seems pretty wide
but I can still make it coz theres time on my side
I'm gonna havta stop lying to my soul
I've gotta dig myself outta this hole

this time I'm gonna be visitin detours I'd passed
and I wont let no fool make me feel outclassed
my rusted faculties I will alchemise
gotta stop my mind from feeding on compromises

No comments: