Thursday, March 1, 2007

SchizophreniC

There’re plenty of voices inside my head,
they fill me with joy, they fill me with dread
gotta lay them to rest, so I got choices to make
but I'm afraid to choose, 'coz my life’s at stake

they tell me I'll fly, they tell me I'll fall
they tell me I'll win or I'll lose it all
they pose questions, a lotta rhetoric
but I've got multiple answers, coz I'm schizophrenic

there're plenty of voices inside my head
some keep swimming, some sink like lead
they make me laugh ,they make me cry
I talk back, but they never reply

some of them prophesize, some of them preach
they sound near, but they're outta reach
they do yoga and practice black magic
they've got me hooked, coz I'm schizophrenic

there're plenty of voices inside my head
they wont leave me alone till I'm dead
they've led me to love, and led me to war
they've left behind bruises and scars

some of them play, some of them prey
some of them kneel down to pray
some of them cure me, some make me sick
I cant fight them, coz I'm schizophrenic

there're plenty of voices inside my head
they paint my mind with blue and red
they form images so abstract
I see myself in a mirror that’s cracked

some are dumb, some are wise
they speak the truth, they spout lies
some of them make sense, some defy logic
but I let them stay coz I'm schizophrenic

there're plenty of voices in my head
but I cant listen to everything being said
some of them talk dirty, and some talk funny
some crave peace, some worship money

which one do you wanna hear, take your pick
ya gotta realise that I'm schizophrenic
but I don’t want them to leave me alone
'coz all those voices are my very own

4 comments:

megha said...

you know while i was reading this, in places i thought you almost sounded like you were some time gonna ask them voices to shut up, and then i wanted to scream a nooo! and i wanted to tell you to let them be, and tht they each have a story (and wht do you like better?!), and you could reason with them and sing all you like! and other things of the sort; the last lines saved ya boy :)

i think i'm gonna like reading you.

Arun Ramkumar said...

:) ya liked it eh??!! :)
gracias senora!!
and,voices..well they just cant be shut up even if I wanted them to...its too late now I guess....gone beyond the point of no return...its only been compounded by my OCD....how many voices do you have,girl?
and hey I KNOW yer gonna like reading mine, just as I do yours!

megha said...

hey! do forgive, it isn't always that i reply only after the other's forgotten the questions, trust!
voices i haven't too many, but they talk plenty, all 'cept one. and are you sure that whether they go away has anything to do with your asking?>

and ocd can be fun, no?
o, and you'll see something up on my blog in a while i think. you see, sometimes i write, sometimes i don't. ideas gone for a little space trip for a while :|

Arun Ramkumar said...

yea have noticed that about you! :)
but I havent forgotten the questions though ;)
'all 'cept one'...i like that!!
and OCD is fun...glory be!!